What changed on April 3, 2019?
We’ve made Wyndham Rewards even more rewarding with a host of new features—including free nights starting at just 7,500 points per night, the addition of more than 900 La Quinta® hotels and the ability to earn and redeem points with a host of new and expanded partners.
Here’s what’s new:
- A Faster Path to Free and Discounted Nights
Allowing more Members to redeem points where and how they want, Wyndham Rewards now offers three tiers for both free night redemptions (go freeSM) and points + cash redemptions (go fastsm). Redemptions for go free are now available for 7,500 points, 15,000 points, and 30,000 points; while go fast redemptions are now available for 1,500 points + cash, 3,000 points + cash, and 6,000 points + cash. (Note: All go free and go fast redemption options are per bedroom, per night.) Members can also earn points on the cash portion of go fast awards at all participating hotels and participating vacation club resorts.
- Over 30,000 Hotels, Vacation Club Resorts, Vacation Rentals and Counting
Wyndham Rewards already offers one of the largest, most diverse redemption portfolios in the world and now it’s even bigger—from thousands of vacation club resorts and vacation rentals to more than 900 La Quinta hotels.
- More Ways to Earn, More Ways to Redeem
Wyndham Rewards also debuted a host of new and expanded partnerships. Members can earn and redeem points at Marathon branded gas stations and convenience stores (U.S. only) and with Viator when booking tours and activities (coming soon) around the globe. The program has also unveiled a new shopping portal, allowing Members to earn points on purchases with thousands of online retailers. Finally, coming soon: Members can look forward to earning points for food delivery via DoorDash (U.S. only).
What happens to Go Free/Go Fast award nights that I booked on or before April 2, 2019, but that are scheduled to occur after that date?
In cases where you’ve booked an award night at a property that lowered its redemption level on April 3, 2019, you’ll receive a credit for the difference between the number of points you redeemed and the number of points such property requires as of April 3, 2019, any such credit to be reflected in such Member’s account by May 1, 2019. Wyndham Rewards reserves the right to remove any such credited points from a Member’s account in the case of canceled reservations.
In cases where you’ve booked an award night at a property that raised its redemption level on April 3, 2019, you won’t be charged for such increase. For example, a member who redeems 15,000 points on March 15, 2019 for a Go Free Award night to take place on April 4, 2019 will not be “charged” an additional 15,000 points for such award night, even if the applicable property moved to the 30,000 point redemption tier on April 3, 2019.
Regardless of the above scenarios, all other Wyndham Rewards terms and conditions at the time of booking will continue to apply.
What changes were made to Member Levels?
We’re replacing point bonuses at the Platinum and Diamond levels with accelerated earning, which will be available to Gold level members and above. This is the only change to Member Levels.
Why did you make these changes?
Wyndham Rewards Members told us they want more flexibility when it comes to redeeming for award nights and expanded options for earning and redeeming points outside of just stays. These changes are a direct response to that feedback and underscore our commitment to delivering a simple, generous rewards program that’s uniquely designed for the needs of the everyday traveler.
When did these changes take effect?
These changes became effective as of April 3, 2019.
Who can I contact if my question isn’t answered here?
We’re here to help. You can reach out to Member Services for additional questions here.
What are the benefits of Wyndham Rewards?
As a member, you can:
- Earn points for Qualified Stays and the various forms of Go Fast awards at thousands of Participating Properties around the globe. See complete list of Participating Properties.
- Redeem Wyndham Rewards points for Go Free award free-night stays or Go Fast award discounted stays at participating Wyndham Rewards hotels, vacation club resorts, and vacation rentals.
- Redeem points for a variety of other rewards, such as gas/convenience stores (U.S. only), charity donations (U.S. only), airline tickets and car rentals (U.S. & Canada only), airline miles or partner points, tours & activities (coming soon), gift cards and merchandise. Please visit Use Wyndham Rewards Points for all of our redemption options available to you.
- Earn Travel Partner Currency from participating airline and rail programs instead of Wyndham Rewards points for your Qualified Stays and Go Fast Awards at Participating Hotels. Simply update your earning preferences in your member account. See our full list of participating partners.
- Earn additional points through everyday purchases and other transactions with a variety of program participants, including our Wyndham Rewards® Visa® Card. Learn more.
- Gain access to your member account 24/7 to check point balances, redeem points for rewards, and make reservations simply by visiting your online account.
La Quinta Returns Transition to Wyndham Rewards
View our frequently asked questions about the La Quinta Returns transition to Wyndham Rewards.