The winning designer collaborated with Super 8 and celebrity interior designer Alison Victoria before traveling to New York City to unveil the innovative design. Upon successful completion of the project, the winner will receive a $10,000 design fee, Wyndham Rewards® DIAMOND level membership, and a reference from a Super 8 executive.
Her design met the below requirements.
- Be original and creative
- Be designed for a room of approximately 23’ 10” (L) x 16’ (W) x 7’ 6” (H). Download room diagram here.
- Include a minimum of three angles, including one top-down view of the space
- Seamlessly mesh with Super 8’s $100-million room refresh, pulling through key colors and aesthetics, including the brand’s signature, hyper-local, black and white art
- Leverage elements from the current Super 8 room design or those available via Wayfair at www.wayfair.com
- Accommodate four or more guests, with individual sleeping accommodations for each guest
- Include social space and a large TV (ideally also visible from beds) and unique, unexpected elements that encourage fun (e.g. foosball table, classic video games, board and card games, etc.)
- Include an apartment-size fridge/microwave, multiple outlets, telephone and storage for clothes/luggage
- Approximate cost for furnishing the full room should not exceed $5,000